When your Eufy doorbell constantly rings, it could be due to a stuck button, issues with the indoor chime, or bugs in the doorbell firmware.
To troubleshoot the ringing problem on your Eufy doorbell, first check if the button is stuck and clean it with compressed air.
If that doesn’t work, power cycle the doorbell chime and restart your doorbell.
1. Clean the doorbell button
The sticking button is one of the most common reasons why your Eufy doorbell won’t stop ringing.
When the button sticks, it gets stuck in the pressed position and won’t come back unless you manually hard-press it.
But why does this happens? Over time, the doorbell button catches dust and other residues like moisture which causes this problem.
To fix your doorbell button, clean it with compressed air or any other electronic device cleaner until it stops getting stuck.
If the basic cleaning work does not solve the issue and your doorbell is under warranty, take it to the nearest Eufy support center for service.
2. Power Cycle the Doorbell Chime
It is possible that the problem is not with the doorbell, but it’s the indoor chime that is continuously activating the doorbell.
To fix it, you must first power cycle your Eufy doorbell chime by following the below steps:
- Unplug the door chime from the wall socket and wait for full 60 seconds.
- Then, plug the chime back in.
If this does not help, perhaps there is an issue with chime wiring. In that case, I’d recommend you call an expert technician to check this for you.
3. Restart your Eufy Doorbell
If your doorbell button is not stuck and you also have power cycled the indoor chime, then try restarting your doorbell.
Here’s how to restart your Eufy doorbell.
Steps to Restart Wired Eufy Doorbell
- Open the Eufy Security app on your smartphone.
- Select your doorbell and then tap on “Settings“.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Restart Device” option.
Steps to Restart Battery Powered Eufy Doorbell
- Unmount your doorbell by pressing the small hole at the bottom of the doorbell using a detaching pin.
- At the rear of the doorbell, you will see a small Sync/Reset button. Press and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Once the doorbell turns on, mount it back and see if the ringing problem persists.
If you have followed all the above solutions and had no success, you should contact the Eufy support team directly.
You can call them at 1 (800) 988 7973 (USA) or can live chat with their support.
Related Read: Fix Eufy Doorbell Not Charging